Monday, September 26, 2011

Rowing Tidbits

Apparently, I am not the only one to notice how non-ideal the Charles River is for rowing.  The official Head of the Charles regatta blog has noted a very calm river this weekend here.  The caption reads, "Please water be like this in 28 days."  Good luck.  If you are going to the HOTC, 26 days now to find more speed!

----------------

Great Britain's men's quad for Worlds 2011
Ever wonder why you row?  Here are some of the reasons why you row.  Ask Steve Rowbotham of the British men's quad and you will get, "I might have quit rowing if it wasn't for my stubborn streak...now all I want to do is win a medal at London."

He also said this about rowing and erging, "Rowing is not very glamorous...I have had some pretty dark days, particularly in the winter when it snows. You spend a lot of time outside in the cold and wet doing a lot of training and the rowing machine is probably one of the worst things that you will ever do. I will never get back on one."  

No comments:

Post a Comment