Tuesday, April 26, 2011

200s Again

Tuesday morning:  The lake looked relatively calm this morning as drove by before swim, but by the time I drove by after swim, the wind had picked up.  We will have to see what it is like this evening for crew practice.

This morning’s main swim set had 200yds again after yesterday’s hard 200yds workout.  None of us were amused as Marcia had us cover even more distance than yesterday:
  1. 4x200yds free, descending
  2. 3x150yds free, descending
  3. 3x100yds free with fins.
 I must have been holding up my lane because for the first three 200yds, I swam as a #2, but then, reshuffled myself to a #4 for the last 200yds and all the 150yds.  As a #4, the rest of my lane-mates were so far ahead that I could not feel any bubbles from their kicks.  The sets were supposed to be descending, but I was just trying to keep up.  

For the last set, however, I could fly with fins.  It felt good to have a little speed through the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment