Monday, April 25, 2011

MEMO

Monday morning:  This morning, I got up on the wrong side of the bed.  The coffee maker was set correctly and went off at the right time, but I forgot to put the coffee grinds in the coffee filter.  All I got this morning was hot water!

Since I am not a vampire and I was too tired last night to pack my bags, I tried to quietly pack my bags this morning at 4:30AM.  Every morning, I leave the house with three bags--my work backpack which contains work papers and food, my massive purse that holds my planner, notebook, and extra diapers for the Princess, and my blue gym bag which has a change of clothes.  I know I must look like a mad bag lady.

I got to the lake this morning, took one look at the lake, assessed the wind, which was blowing, and was not going to have any of this rowing.  After yesterday's row of 5x2,000m where there were parts so windy that I felt like a rubber duck bobbing around on the ocean, I was just done with rowing.  I just left, probably not the best idea, but I was pretty crabby.

I sat around and did some work, sending emails and writing reports, until 6AM when I went to swim.  Today was the first day back from spring break and Marcia had a surprise for us!  MEMO T-shirts!  MEMO stands for Marcia's Enthusiastic Masters of Oakland, an official US Masters Swimming team.
MEMO to: Swimmers  cc: Triathletes

The main swim set today was:
1.  200yds free
2.  2x25yds fly
3.  200yds free
4.  2x25yds fly; 2x25yds back
5.  200yds free
6.  2x25yds fly; 2x25yds back; 2x25yds breast
7.  200yds free.

Welcome back from spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment