Monday, June 6, 2011

These are My Confessions

These are my confessions...
Sunday:  After a crazy Saturday, Sunday did not start out much better.  I got up to go to practice, drove to the lake, and drove right back.  These are my Sunday confessions:
  1. I got up this morning and went to practice because I felt guilty.  In college, you learn that you have to do everything humanly possible to make practice.
  2. I came home without rowing because I did not feel well.
  3. I did not feel well because well, I was operating on three hours of sleep.  
  4. I had three hours of sleep because we were up until 3 in the morning.
  5. We were up until 3 because we were at a party.
  6. Before you think that we are party animals, realize that we go to parties once a year.  Usually, if we do go anywhere, we have to bring the Princess and that does not count as going to a party.  The Princess makes a great excuse if you ever want to leave a party early.  This time, the Princess got to stay with grandparents.  At the party, we told friends that we had abandoned our first born child to the wolves.
  7. Also realize that this party was a going away party for a good college friend, one who saw the insanities of crew and one who made sure I filled in some sort of answer on the homework.
  8. After coming home, I tried to sleep, but once up, I usually cannot sleep again no matter how tired.
  9. While waiting for my hungover husband to wake up, I went on run around Lake Chabot, up on Skyline Boulevard.
  10. I quickly found myself in the middle of the Lake Chabot half marathon.  Luckily, the race was pretty small and the runners were spaced out.  I followed these runners around the lake and to the finish line.
  11. It was a little awkward to run and have people cheering you on when you are not actually in the race.  It makes you feel like an impostor.
  12. The finish tent and line were parked right on the trail, and I had to run off the road in order to not cross the finish line.  Unfortunately, I was not fast enough because a race photographer managed to snap a few photos as I approached.  So now, there is probably a photo of me floating out there on the web for a half marathon I did not actually run.
  13. I still feel bad about missing practice this morning, and three hours of sleep is not enough for this old lady here.  But at least, I finally got use out of the trail shoes from Boulder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment