Saturday, May 7, 2011

42 or 44

Thursday:  Want to know what we were recovering for Wednesday morning?!  The 15 minute swim test!  The last time we did a 15 minute swim test was on St. Patrick's day

Oddly enough, my 15 minute swim felt good.  I think all of Marcia's damned 200s from last week and this week's IM and free killer workout helped my endurance or at least helped me with my pacing.  One of the challenging things about the 15 minute swim is to be able to keep count of all the laps we do.  It always help to have other people in your lane so that you can piece together exactly how many laps (Marcia counts a 25yd as a lap) you did.  For example, if Jane did 30 laps and you passed her twice, you probably did 33 or 34 laps.

This morning, I did not know if I swam 42 or 44 laps.  I knew exactly where I lost count too--it was on the 26th lap.  I was swimming, zoned out for a moment, and then wondered if I had already mentally counted 26 or 28.  I guess 26 is the limit to my counting abilities.  No one is ever absolutely sure when it comes to counting this high, but based on what my lanemates counted, we figured I did 42 laps. 

I asked Marcia if she thought I did 42 or 44 based on what the other lanes did.  This is what Marcia said, "Oh definitely 42.  You are definitely not fast enough for 44!"  Haha.  One of the reasons Marcia is so great is because she tells you straight up how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment