Tuesday, May 31, 2011

IM not Free

Tuesday morning:  This is the last week of swim before a two week break before the summer school session begins!

This morning, Marcia changed the warm-up kick with fins from 6x75yd to 5x100yd on a 1:25 minute interval.  The 100yd felt alright, and the interval felt luxurious with almost 10-15 seconds of rest (for me).  I have a feeling that with time, Marcia will start to shorten this interval!

The main set today was similar to last Monday’s set, alternating between IMs and freestyle:
  1. 150yd IM with 25yd of two strokes and 50yd of your two favorite strokes (i.e. I swam fly, back, breast, breast, free, free)
  2. 175yd free, trying to swim the same time on the 175yd free as on the 150yd IM
  3. Repeat #1 and #2 three more times, total of 4 sets

On the first IM, I misheard the directions and thought we were to do one favorite stroke for 75yd, i.e. 25yd of all other three strokes and 75yd of your favorite and best stroke for a total of 150yd.  Obviously, for me, the only stroke I can really do is freestyle, and I did 75yd of freestyle.  The moment I finished and touched the wall, I heard Marcia say, “Ann!  What are you doing?!  You just did three laps of freestyle!”  Opps, I guess those were not the directions!  

It is amazing how Marcia can spot your one mistake amongst a pool of 20-30 swimmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment