Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Almost Regret

Monday morning:  Five hours of sleep with the occasional interruption from a crying Princess.  In the middle of sleeping, the Princess would decide that it was time to wake up, sit up, and cry very loudly.  My husband's theory was that because she did not nap during the day, the Princess was overtired at night and was uncomfortable.  Why she would get up and cry when she is clearly tired, I have no idea.  The correct response to being overtired is to continue sleeping soundly and not to get up and wail.  I can only imagine the amount of hearing that my husband and I have lost from the Princess wailing.  It must be one of those sacrifices that parents make for their children and forget to mention to new parents.

By some amazing power this morning, I was able to get out of bed.  Even coffee was not a strong enough incentive as I laid half-asleep waiting for the alarm to ring again.  I think next time, I must try coffee and chocolate to entice me.  In a sleep-deprived state, I made it to the boathouse.

We had 1 quad, 2 doubles, 1 women's single (me), and 2 men's singles out on the water.  The workout today was a series of 2 minutes on, 1 minute off at 26spm, steady state pressure.

I climbed into the single this morning and almost regretted it.  With not enough sleep and a hard workout the day before, my legs were on a hiatus, probably still sleeping in bed, where I should have been.  I consider myself a decent endurance athlete who can recovery fairly quickly.  There have only been a few times this season when I have felt like I had no legs.  Today was one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment