Friday, April 15, 2011

PCRC

The lake was perfect this morning--flat, calm.  The only rough water came from the launch's wakes. 

There is a reason this blog is called "Lake Loops."  This morning, we did lake loops around the main body of the lake, ad nauseam.  We had 1 eight, 1 women's single (me), and 1 men's single out on the water.  The workout was 2x20minutes of steady state, varying the rate between 24 and 26spm.  The log boom is still up, and for us, 20 minutes was equivalent to about 2.5 main lake loops.

In the single, it took me awhile to get comfortable, but once I was there and with the help of the flat water, the boat felt pretty good.  I could imagine myself as the "Cat" again.  Not everyday is like this in the single, but with more practice, I can have more good days and fewer bad days in the single.  I have less than FOUR weeks before the Pacific Coast Rowing Championships.  I might finish dead last or I might not even have anyone to race against in the Womens Open 1x, but I am determined to race.  I am determined to come back and erase the memory from five years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment